19 July, 2020

Double Lockdown


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

When Modiji ordered the lockdown, 
I ended up having a breakdown, 
Because my cook was going to leave, 
And I found it very hard to believe, 
I'd never cooked anything in my life,
Heck, I couldn't even hold the knife,
I took a deep breath and said OKAY, 
As I saw my Masterchef walk away, 

The next day I went shopping,
Got veggies home and began chopping,
 My first dish would be Paneer Bhurji,
 I googled and pulled up this 2-part recipe,


I had Paneer in the fridge; So I skipped part one, 
And just like that, half my work was done, 

 I followed Step 1 and heated oil in a pan, 
When I put the cumins in, my troubles began, 
Because cumins spluttered crazy; they got me worried, 
I fumbled for my next step; I totally got hurried, 
I read the wrong step 2, so stupid of me, 
"Add 1 tbsp vinegar", is all I could see,

‘Odd!’, I thought, but I decided to follow, 
Zero cooking sense, plus my logic went hollow, 
Yes! So I put some vinegar in hot, hot oil,
There was an explosion; I was down with recoil, 
 The pan was spraying vinegar in all direction, 
I got scared and ran away from the kitchen, 
I locked myself in the room, clearly in trouble, 
People were in one lockdown; I was in a double.
 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This post has been published by me as a part of Blog-a-Ton 59; the fifty-ninth edition of the online marathon of Bloggers; where we decide and we write.
Finally, I got a BAT victory! This post won BAT59. It received 6 votes. 
https://blog-a-ton.blogspot.com/2020/07/blog-ton-59-results.html

23 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha... loved it buddy! Definitely a double lockdown!

    Here's my take on the topic - Love In The Time Of Virus: The Lockdown And Thereafter

    Someone is Special

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sir. Appreciate you for resuming BAT. It at least forces lazy writers like myself to do something productive.

      Delete
  2. Crazy, that was crazy. Loved it. This is what we want in these other-kind-of-crazy times: some humour. You are a strong contender this Blogaton, Kshitij. Looking forward to read more of your stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Vipul Sir, thank you so much for your words of appreciation.

      Delete
  3. What to say! Visited your blog after ages, yet that wit and humour. Vipul made me cry, you made me laugh. It's so different and light. Loved the witty couplets. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you LP ma'm. It's always double the worth when it comes from you.

      Delete
  4. Very good..Loved it..You should try your hands in some other recipe also, so we can get to read your blog..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) paka toh mai bahut kuch chuka hoon. Bas beech beech mei kaand ho jate hai.

      Delete
  5. Very unique take...I loved reading your post and imagined myself in the same situation...Qas laughing while reading...good humour..

    ReplyDelete
  6. God...I laughed out so loud, my husband thought I have gone crazy. It has been the dilemma of so many. Wonderfully put down and amazingly comic. You have my vote buddy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. If you laughed, the purpose is achieved :)

      Delete
  7. Dear Kshitij,

    Such a humorous post!!!
    Amazing double lockdown... The summers and monsoon have addded to the plight of cooking in Summers!

    Such a versatile take on this prompt! All the best for BAT 59.

    Regards' Megha

    ReplyDelete
  8. :D I know this too well! Loved reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha ...Loved it :-)
    Hope you had something to eat :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - I did. Paneer Bhurji. Started from scratch again after washing the pan. Ban hi gai kaise na kaise :) Thank you.

      Delete
  10. Ha ha !! I cant stop laughing :D..
    By the end of the year, I am sure you will be a masterchef !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh dear lord, I had no idea pouring vinegar would be so dangerous. Thanks for the tip and excellent and funny at the same time!!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright Disclaimer

All the pictures and contents on Dusht-ka-Drishtikone are protected by Copyright Law and should not be reproduced, published or displayed without the explicit prior written permission from the author of the blog, Kshitij Khurana.