27 December, 2020

Yummy Fan Dirt

 


This pic is from our pre-Diwali cleaning this year. I have a 4-year old (Zivah) who is eager to help (read: have fun) at any opportunity.
While I was about to begin cleaning the fans, she came on and forced her help!
Can I help you?
Now you might think it’s just a kind soul offering to help her poor daddy, but it actually meant if you don’t let me clean the fan, I will repeat ‘can I help you’ 800 times in the next half hour.
I knew the game. So, I promised to take help with the last fan. And, after I cleaned up three fans and went to the fourth, I got her on my shoulders and gave her the now-dirty cloth... and while she was helping me out, I screamed for real help five minutes later!

My story is not about a kid cleaning up a fan using a dirty cloth.
It's about the other end of the cloth... that was pretty dirty... hanging loose... and was constantly rubbing against my face!! I tasted fan dirt the next few minutes... until I screamed for the torture to stop. Yum, not!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note to Self: The above post was written by me during the STORYPIC contest in IBM LD team in December'20. The requirement was to post a picture related to festivities and tell the story behind it in less than 300 words.

With 21 democratic votes, I won the first prize! I won 250 BluePoints that translated to about 1500 INR/-. A win should be etched somewhere as a memory :)


2 comments:

  1. Maza aa Gaya... :)
    That must be Zivah’s reaction :P

    Well it is a pleasure coming to your Blog and reading these real stories! Good one Kshitij! :) Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Megha. She had a wicked laugh :) Appreciate you dropping by.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright Disclaimer

All the pictures and contents on Dusht-ka-Drishtikone are protected by Copyright Law and should not be reproduced, published or displayed without the explicit prior written permission from the author of the blog, Kshitij Khurana.